The Migraine Symposium is a two-day educational and celebratory event that expands our understanding of migraine with the help of presentations by more than 35 experts and advocates from around the country. Each year, we dive into different topics to explore the spectrum of migraine. The symposium is divided into two tracks, one tailored to medical professionals and the other to patients and the general public, however, both programs are open to all attendees.
Why Attend In-Person?
The live portion of this event will be held at the Omni Hotel in Providence, Rhode Island.
After two years of virtual-only events you may be wondering why you should attend this symposium in-person. This year, we have so many exclusive offerings for our in-person attendees! Here's what you can expect to get out of the in-person event.
- Procedure Demonstration Room - In-person attendees will have access to a room where they can actually try certain migraine therapies such as cryotherapy, neuromodulation devices, chiropractic techniques and more. This gives you an opportunity to test out a therapy for free to see what it is like.
- All in-person attendees will receive a tote bag including items valued at a total of over $100.
- Connect with others! We will have numerous breaks for attendees to connect and network with one another, including speakers, other guests and exhibitors. This gives you an additional option to learn and make connections.
- Migraine Friendly Room - We know it can be difficult being in a new environment when a migraine attack comes on. This event will feature a quiet, dark, scent-free space where people can retreat to help ease symptoms without having to leave the event altogether.
- Lunch & cocktail party appetizers are all included with the in-person ticket price.
September 9 is VIRTUAL ONLY.
September 10 is HYBRID, all presentations will be done in-person and streamed for virtual viewers.
The procedure demonstration room is IN-PERSON ONLY.
The Medical Professional Track of the Migraine Symposium is jointly provided by Boston University School of Medicine & the Association of Migraine Disorders.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Boston University School of Medicine and the Association of Migraine Disorders.
Boston University School of Medicine designates this live activity AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
Frederick Godley, MD, FACS, Physician, Monica Mallampalli, PhD, Melissa Calise
CME CREDITS WILL ONLY BE PROVIDED TO THOSE WHO ATTEND THE PRESENTATIONS ON THEIR LIVE DAYS.
WHAT HEALTH PROFESSIONALS SHOULD ATTEND?
The goal of the Migraine Symposium is to engage medical professionals who may care for patients with migraine. Every year, this series of migraine-related lectures will focus on several topics that will be of more interest to one specialty or another.
- Neurologists & headache specialists
- Emergency Care Professionals
- Obstetrics and Gynecologists
- Pain Specialists/ Anesthesiologists
- Concussion specialists (Orthopedics/Physical Therapy)
- TMD specialists
- Physician Assistants
- Clinical Psychologists
- Nurse Practitioners
- Residents and Medical Students
- Neuroscience researchers
- Health Coaches
Ticket options are less than a co-pay for patients!
Providers can get CME credits for less than $10 each hour!
Early bird registration ends July 1
Download The Official Event App
You MUST register for a Whova account to receive virtual access to this event.
NAVIGATE the event agenda and logistics, even without Wi-Fi or data. Access useful information like ridesharing and local attractions through the Community Board
NETWORK effectively. Plan whom to meet by exploring attendee profiles and sending out messages
PARTICIPATE in event activites through session likes, comments, ratings, live polling, tweeting, and more
Things To Do In Providence
AMD has a block of rooms at the event venue, The Omni Hotel. Attendees can use the button below to reserve a room at a discounted rate from $219 a night.
- La Gondola - Venetian Gondola tour along the Providence Riverwalk
- RISD art museum
- Providence Place Mall
- The Providence Flea Market (Sundays)
- Roger Williams Park Zoo
- Trinity Rep Theater