Migraine disease affects so many people, saps our economy and complicates our health care delivery system, it is astounding that the government and pharmaceutical companies are not spending more money on research.
For migraine sufferers, it can be hard to find help
- Currently there are less than 500 certified headache specialists to serve the estimated 36 million migraine sufferers
- Not all neurologists choose to specialize in migraine management
- Many people have symptoms that are not easily recognized as being associated with migraine disease
- Most physicians only receive one hour of information about migraine disease during their medical training
We seek to improve this situation
- We provide informational handouts for patients that explain why they may have a migraine disorder and outline the treatment options
- We have a medication guideline handout for physicians to guide them in the management of their migraine patients
- We support medical educational lectures
- We have created videos to explain the biology of migraine disease
Migraine is a disease that lacks a specific diagnostic test and it is without a cure. It is a chronic condition that needs to be managed. We want to empower patients to take control of their disease. To help them do that, we’ve created a variety of resources to keep them informed on the latest research and treatments in migraine.
Medical Professional Resources
We believe patients will be better served if more medical professionals learn how to recognize and treat migraine disorders. In cooperation with existing teaching programs, our organization aims to develop complementary teaching materials for practitioners at all levels of training in multiple specialties.